Saturday, March 31, 2012

subst command or maybe network access issue

I'm trying to open an xml document on my computer. It is on a subst drive
f. I get a System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException when I try to open the
file. When I switch to the C drive it works fine. I gave aspnet user admin
right to make sure it wasn't a permission problem but I am still getting the
exception whatever I do unless I look at my C drive. Any idea what gives?

Thanks guys.
Chris"Chris" <cf@.NoSpamzieQuotepro.com> wrote in
news:e2H7fPO9DHA.2432@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:
> I'm trying to open an xml document on my computer. It is on a subst
> drive f. I get a System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException when I try to
> open the file. When I switch to the C drive it works fine. I gave
> aspnet user admin right to make sure it wasn't a permission problem but
> I am still getting the exception whatever I do unless I look at my C
> drive. Any idea what gives?

Are the other drives you having trouble with by chance network drives?

--
Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) - http://www.hower.org/Kudzu/
"Programming is an art form that fights back"

0 comments:

Post a Comment